HIGH SCHOOLS / ROME BRAVES / LOCAL COLLEGES / COMMUNITY EVENTS / CAMPS
- Rome Braves top Greenville, 8-5. Game release: The Rome Braves with help from a five run fourth inning defeated the Greenville Drive 8-5 Saturday before a crowd of 3,661. Rome scored the game’s opening run in the first on an RBI single by Lucas Herbert. Greenville made it a 2-1 game in the second on Tyler Spoon’s sacrifice fly and an RBI groundout by Tucker Tubbs but Rome tied the game 2-2 in the third on Kurt Hoekstra’s force out. The Braves took a 7-2 lead in the fourth with five runners crossing the plate as Cristian Pache singled home a run, Brett Cumberland doubled home two, and Justin Ellison added an RBI single and later scored on a throwing error. Rome held off a late Greenville comeback to take the 8-5 victory, evening the series at one apiece. Jeremy Walker (3-6) gets the win for Rome going six innings allowing two runs on seven hits. Robbie Sexton (3-5) is hit with the loss for Greenville. Brandon White (8) picks up the save. The Braves tallied 15 hits in the game.The Drive and Braves conclude their series tomorrow at 2 p.m. which also ends the first half of play.
- Next up: Home vs. Greenville today at 2 p.m. All-Star break with game Tuesday. At Asheville, Thursday-Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner’s home game photo gallery.
- Roster updates: The Rome Braves announce the following roster moves:
– LHP A.J. Minter has been transferred to the Florida Firefrogs (Florida State League)
– RHP Jaret Hellinger has been received from Danville (Appalachian League)
From Rome High: Join us in meeting our new baseball coach at Rome High. James Tejcek and his family will be in the West Gym Wednesday, June 21 at 6 p.m.
Berry Vikings sports updates.
Football: First game at Maryville on Sept. 2 at 1 p.m.
Shorter Hawks sports updates.
- Football: First game vs. Mars Hill at Barron Stadium, 1 p.m. Sept. 2. Schedule
-June Camp: Begins Monday, June 19-23, 8:30 a.m.-noon.
Contact Scott McCreless at 706.346.6725 or Chase Watterson at 706.506.3562.
Overnight Camps: July 17-19: Position Skills Camp (designed for ALL levels, grades 5-12); July 20-22: Elite College Prep (designed for HIGH-level players wanting to play in college, limited to 30 participants)
The Coosa Volleyball team will host the Third Annual Camp Boom Volleyball Camp on July 10-12 each day from 9-11 a.m. The camp is for any student in upcoming grades 3rd-8th. Cost is $40, and includes a t-shirt and snacks each day. You may register on the first day of camp beginning at 8:30am. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Hann at firstname.lastname@example.org