May 18-19: Darlington School announces that math teacher Al Shorey will be the keynote speaker at the Baccalaureate Service on May 18, and Chip Bell, author, acclaimed speaker, and consultant in customer loyalty and service innovation, will give the Commencement address. The Baccalaureate Service will be held Friday, May 18, at 7 p.m. in Morris Chapel. Commencement will begin Saturday, May 19, at 9:30 a.m. on the Chapel Lawn. In the event of rain, Commencement will be held at 10:30 a.m. in the Huffman Athletic Center. Darlington will stream both events live online.
May 13, 19: Rome High will be holding the school’s annual graduation for all seniors at Barron Stadium. The ceremony begins at 9 a.m. Since last year, a few significant modifications have been made to the overall graduation procedure. This year’s senior class will walk the stage in new custom caps and gowns, all embroidered with Rome High’s crest, a first for graduates. Because of the event taking place at Barron Stadium, there will be no limit as to whom each a graduate can invite to the occasion. In case of rain, students will then be granted seven tickets for family members, as the ceremony will move inside to The Forum where graduates walked in years past. The current forecast calls for rain on Saturday and Rome City Schools Superintendent, Louis Byars, will make the final decision on whether or not the commencement ceremony will take place at Barron Stadium or at the Forum by Wednesday, May 16th. No matter the venue, the ceremony time will not change from 9 a.m. Reserved seating is not permitted in either venue. Rome High School’s Baccalaureate Service will take place on Sunday, May 13, at Fellowship Baptist Church in Rome.
- Armuchee High School – Baccalaureate – May 20 at 8 a.m.; graduation May 25 at 7 p.m.
- Coosa High School – Baccalaureate – May 20 at 6 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 2:30 p.m.
- Model High School – Baccalaureate – May 21 at 7 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 10 a.m.
- Pepperell High School – Baccalaureate – May 23 at 6:30 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 7 p.m. Baccalaureate speaker will be retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Rob Skelton.
- Cartersville High School: Graduation, May 18 at 7:30 p.m. at Weinman Stadium.
- Adairsville High School: Graduation, May 18 at 8 p.m. at AHS Stadium.
- Cass High School: Graduation, May 18 at 6 p.m at Doug Cochran Stadium.
- Woodland High School: Graduation, May 19 at 9 a.m. at Wildcat Stadium.
- Calhoun High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at stadium.
- Gordon Central High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at Ratner Stadium.
- Sonoraville High School: Graduation, May 24 at 8 p.m. at school.
- Rockmart High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at stadium.
- Cedartown High School: Graduation, May 26 at 10 a.m. at stadium.