The Exchange Club of Rome Americanism Committee announces the appearance schedule for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Replica. While some other exhibits are still being finalized for March, April, and May, the following schedule is certain:
- Wednesday, 11 a.m.: The Palladium for Fidelis Beta Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa
- Monday, Feb. 19 – Macon, for the Macon Exchange Club at the Macon Terminal Station at the end of Cherry Street in downtown Macon. It is the old train station. The exhibit is open to the public from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Donations respectfully accepted for the Tomb Replica.
- Friday, Feb. 23 – 9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. at Mortimer Jordan High School, located at 1920 Blue Devil Dr., Kimberly, Ala. 1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. at North Jefferson Middle School, located at 8350 Warrior – Kimberly Rd., Kimberly, Ala.
- Saturday, Feb. 24 – Exhibit for a Military Ball hosted at Stonebridge Farms located at 281 County Road 717 in Cullman, Ala. that evening.
- Friday, April 20 – Truett McConnell University with times and location TBA in support of a presentation by Lt. Col. Oliver North, USMC, Ret. The exhibit will be on display throughout the day.
The Floyd County Master Gardeners will present a free “Pruning Demonstration” program on Saturday, March 3, from noon until 2 p.m. at the Rome Civic Center. This is a great way to learn basic skills and gain knowledge about the correct way to prune trees and shrubs in your garden. The program will be presented by Terry Paige, City of Rome Certified Municipal Arborist, and Keith Mickler, Floyd County Extension Agent. Please call the Floyd County Extension Office, 706-295-6210, for details or click Facebook.