HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL
- Boys: Model, Dade County
- Boys: Darlington 66, Bowdon 50.
- Boys: Pepperell 76, Coosa 67
- Boys: Cass 46, Rome 42
- Boys: Dade County 79, Model 71.
- Girls: Rome 65, Cass 42
- Girls Bowdon 51, Darlington 39
- Berry men: Next: Host Centre College on Friday at 8 p.m.
- Berry women: Next: Host Centre College on Friday at 6 p.m.
- Shorter women win 95-60 over Montevallo. Next: Saturday at Lee University, 7: p.m.
- Shorter men: The Hawks fell to Montevallo 75-61 Tuesday. Next: Saturday at Lee University, 7: p.m.
- GHC women: Wednesday at home versus South Georgia Tech, tip off 5:30 p.m.
- GHC men: Wednesday at home versus South Georgia Tech. Tip off 7:30 p.m.
Congratulations to Berry College Head Football Coach Tony Kunczewski on receiving his American Football Coaches Association honor as regional coach of the year.
Next up: Atlanta travels to Philadelphia to take on the top-seeded Eagles (13-3).The game is set for 4:35 p.m. Saturday on NBC.
- Last matchup: Eagles won, 24-15, on Nov. 13, 2016, in Philadelphia.
- All-time series record: Eagles lead, 18-14-1 (includes postseason)
- Track the NFL Playoffs.
Jan. 29: The 2018 Hot Stove Gathering will be held at the Forum River Center in downtown Rome from 5:30 until 7:30 p.m. Scheduled guests include the Rome Braves’ field staff of manager Rocket Wheeler, hitting coach Bobby Moore, pitching coach Dan Meyer and new trainer Vic Scarpone. New Rome Braves General Manager Jim Bishop and Atlanta Braves manager Brian Snitker will also be on hand. Tickets are available now and are $15 in advance ($20 at the door). Children’s tickets are $10 in advance ($12 at the door). Season ticket holders can take advantage of getting two tickets for $25 if they purchase now. VIP tickets include a cocktail reception meet and greet with the evening’s special guests and gift bag. VIP tickets can be purchased for $25 in advance and $30 at the door. All tickets are available at the State Mutual Stadium ticket office or online at romebraves.com. VIP tickets also can be purchased from the Rome High baseball team.