- At 8 p.m., 23 degrees with a wind chill of 13.
- Wind chill advisory now until 9 a.m. Friday. The weather service warns of wind chills ranging from zero to 10 degrees below zero. Includes Floyd, Bartow, Gordon and Chattooga counties.
- Water damage: Larry Alford of ServiceMaster by Twins reports as many as 70 water pipe issues through midday Wednesday, including Northwest Georgia.
- Warming shelter: The Salvation Army on Second Avenue is open to all when temperatures drop to 32 degrees or lower.
- Cold trivia: The temperature has been out of the 30s just once — 40 degrees for an hour — since the start of the new year. We should see 41 on Sunday with slightly higher temperatures on Monday.
Chattooga County on a two-hour delay Friday as is Dade County. They’ll do the same drill again Friday.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 14. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind around 5 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 17. North wind around 5 mph.
Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 36. North wind around 5 mph.
Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 17.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Sunday Night: Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Monday: Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 10am. High near 47. Chance of precipitation is 80%.