From Floyd County Emergency Management:
- Power lines down on Harmony Road near Pleasant Valley.
- Lines down at Ga. 140 and Old Dalton Road.
- Tree takes out power lines on East Hermitage Road.
- Tree on power lines; lines sprarking, at Pine Bower Road.
- For more on local power outages, please click Power
From Floyd 911 at 9 p.m. (and earlier):
- Lines down on Bells Ferry, blocking driveway to home.
- Lines down. Old Dalton 400 block.
- Tree down on Horseleg Creek.
- Accident at Ga. 140 at Old Bells ferry.
- Tree down on Blacks Bluff near Livingston
- Tree blocking multiple lanes of traffic on Ga. 20 near Woods Drive.
- Traffic light is out at Booze Mountain at Parks Road. Treat it as a four-way stop.
- 400 block of Everett Springs Road.MVA Rockmart Highway near Spur 101.
- Rainfall since 7 a.m.: 1.96 inches.
- Winds/gusts since 7 a.m.: 38 mph between 6-7 p.m.
- Rainfall since 7 a.m.: 3.40 inches
- Winds/gusts since 7 a.m. 24 mph between 2-3 p.m.
Photo and text from Floyd 911: Rome and Floyd County leaders as well as public safety officials receive the noon weather briefing from National Weather Service at the Emergency Operations Center. Expecting trees down, strong winds and power outages along with some flash flooding. Increased rain and wind around 3 p.m. and continuing to worsen into the late evening. High winds will continue into the early morning hours. The tornado risk has been reduced from earlier predictions. Avoid travel but for those that do, drive safely and watch for standing water, trees/limbs, and debris in roadways. Charge your phones and devices now and have a plan for what you will do when you lose power. Do not call 911 for power outages unless it is a life threatening emergency.
WATCHES AND WARNING:
Tropical storm warning remains in effect for Northwest Georgia, which means tropical storm wind conditions are
expected somewhere within this area and within the next 36 hours. Wind: Equivalent Tropical Storm force wind to peak at 30-40 mph with gusts to 55 mph, primarily this evening into Tuesday morning.
Flash Flood Watch is in effect.
Where’s Irma: Continuing updates on the forecast track of Hurricane Irma. Click Hurricane Center
River watch: Our base number on the Oostanaula River was 4.77 feet as of 4:45 p.m. Sunday.
Tonight: Tropical storm conditions possible. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 60. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Tuesday: Showers. High near 68. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind around 5 mph.
Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 75. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62.