HIGH SCHOOLS / ROME BRAVES / LOCAL COLLEGES / COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Rome Braves Media release: The Rome Braves (6-8) defeated the West Virginia Power (7-9) in a 2-0 shutout in front of a State Mutual Stadium crowd of 3,085 fans. The game lasted one hour and fifty-four minutes. It was the second shortest game in Rome history nearly eclipsing the 1:49 record set in 2006. The stadium lights were never turned on. Rome scratched the board first in the fourth inning when Kevin Josephina scored on an infield single by Micah Johnson to give the Braves the 1-0 lead. Rome got their second run in the fourth when Josephina notched an RBI single to score Lucas Herbert and make it a 2-0 game. The two runs were all the Braves needed as Bryse Wilson was dominant from beginning to end, giving up only five hits, with no walks and seven strikeouts on one hundred and five pitches to complete the shutout. Wilson (6-4) earns the win for Rome while Eduardo Vera (3-4) takes the loss for West Virginia.
- What’s next: Home vs. West Virginia. 2 p.m. Sunday and 1 p.m. Monday.
- Mills Fitzner’s home game photo gallery.
- Roster updates: Atlanta Braves outfielder Micah Johnson joins Rome for rehab assignment.
Closer look at the 2017 high school football schedule across Northwest Georgia. Click high school
Keep track of summer updates from area high school football teams with Twitter:
Berry Vikings sports updates.
Football: First game at Maryville on Sept. 2 at 1 p.m.
Shorter Hawks sports updates.
- Football: First game vs. Mars Hill at Barron Stadium, 1 p.m. Sept. 2. Schedule
-Overnight Camps: July 17-19: Position Skills Camp (designed for ALL levels, grades 5-12); July 20-22: Elite College Prep (designed for HIGH-level players wanting to play in college, limited to 30 participants)
The Coosa Volleyball team will host the Third Annual Camp Boom Volleyball Camp on July 10-12 each day from 9-11 a.m. The camp is for any student in upcoming grades 3rd-8th. Cost is $40, and includes a t-shirt and snacks each day. You may register on the first day of camp beginning at 8:30am. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Hann at firstname.lastname@example.org