From AAA: Motorists are beginning to find some of the lowest gas prices of the year. Florida gas prices averaged $2.27 on Sunday. The state average dropped 6 cents during the past week and is 3 cents less than this time last year. The Florida average should continue diving lower this week and set a new 2017 low in the next day or two. The lowest state average so far this year was $2.26 on March 20. When the state average drops below $2.26, it would be the lowest since December 2016. The state average is on a 15-day streak of declines, falling a total of 10 cents since June 3, according to AAA, whose data is collected from credit card swipes and direct feeds from 120,000 gas stations nationwide, in cooperation with OPIS and Wright Express.
National average nears 2017 lows: The national average price for a gallon of gasoline averaged $2.296 on Sunday. After falling 4 cents during the past week, the national average sits at 4 cents less than this time last year. The national average is flirting with 2017 lows. The lowest price so far this year was $2.262 on February 9. The national average is falling at a rate of 1-cent per day, positioning the price to breach this year’s lows mid-week. Once that happens, the national average would be the lowest since December 2016.
Georgia prices: The state average was $2.16 a gallon, down three cents from recent levels and six cents a gallon from a year ago.
The Rome Alcohol Control Commission will meet Tuesday at 6 p.m. at City Hall. Agenda
- Issue a new Beer package License at the One Stop Shop, 2017 Maple Ave., Suite B, to Ms. Brittany Martinez.
- Issue a new Beer Package License at The Mini Mart, 1714 Turner McCall Blvd., to Ms. Cassandra Davenport.
- Public Consumption of Alcohol Request, 500 Block of Broad Street, Oct. 7.
- Public Consumption of Alcohol Request. City Auditorium, Aug. 26.
- Proposed Ordinance Amendment: Add the City Auditorium to the list of exempt public locations for alcohol.
- Continued discussion of food/drink ratio and public consumption ordinances.