HIGH SCHOOLS / ROME BRAVES / LOCAL COLLEGES / COMMUNITY EVENTS / CAMPS
- Rome Braves fall to Greenville, 14-5. Game release: The Greenville Drive defeated the Rome Braves Friday evening by a final score of 14-5 before a crowd of 2,082. The Braves scored twice in the first inning on an RBI single by Kurt Hoekstra and a sacrifice fly by Brett Cumberland to take a 2-0 lead. The Drive then began an offensive surge by scoring four times in the third, highlighted by an RBI groundout by Tyler Hill, a two run homer by Ryan Scott, and a run scoring single by Nick Lovullo making it a 4-2 game. Lovullo singled home another run in the fourth giving Greenville a 5-2 advantage. The Drive plated four more in the sixth for the 9-2 score before the Braves scored twice in the bottom of the inning on Ramon Osuna’s two RBI double closing to a 9-4 game. Greenville went on the get the 14-5 victory. Daniel Gonzalez (6-0) earns the win for Greenville while Rome starter Bryse Wilson(4-3) gets the loss. Wilson went three innings allowing three hits and four runs. Kurt Hoekstra enjoyed a good night for Rome in a losing cause going 4-4 with two RBI.
- Next up: Home vs. Greenville tonight at 6 and 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner’s home game photo gallery.
- Roster updates: The Rome Braves announce the following roster moves:
– RHP Alan Rangel has been transferred to the Florida Firefrogs (FL State League)
– LHP A.J. Minter has been received from the Florida Firefrogs
– RHP Dan Winkler joins the team as part of a Major League rehab assignment from Atlanta
From Rome High: Join us in meeting our new baseball coach at Rome High. James Tejcek and his family will be in the West Gym Wednesday, June 21st at 6:00 p.m.
Berry Vikings sports updates.
Football: First game at Maryville on Sept. 2 at 1 p.m.
Shorter Hawks sports updates.
- Football: First game vs. Mars Hill at Barron Stadium, 1 p.m. Sept. 2. Schedule
-June Camp: Begins Monday, June 19-23, 8:30 a.m.-noon.
Contact Scott McCreless at 706.346.6725 or Chase Watterson at 706.506.3562.
Overnight Camps: July 17-19: Position Skills Camp (designed for ALL levels, grades 5-12); July 20-22: Elite College Prep (designed for HIGH-level players wanting to play in college, limited to 30 participants)
The Coosa Volleyball team will host the Third Annual Camp Boom Volleyball Camp on July 10-12 each day from 9-11 a.m. The camp is for any student in upcoming grades 3rd-8th. Cost is $40, and includes a t-shirt and snacks each day. You may register on the first day of camp beginning at 8:30am. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Hann at firstname.lastname@example.org