The 41st Annual Arts Festival at Rose Lawn will feature more than 100 artists and vendors for patrons strolling the grounds of historic Rose Lawn, once home to evangelist Sam P. Jones. The festival is free for all and is set for Sept. 17-18 with show hours from 10 a.m.-6 p.m Saturday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
- Look for a wide variety of artists including painters, photographers, potters, jewelry artisans, wood crafters, beekeepers and more.
- Both days of the festival will be full of entertainment including dance companies, a variety of performers, well-known and up-and- coming. Sunday’s entertainment line-up will include faith-based worship music and performers.
- Food vendors include barbecue, roasted corn, fried green tomatoes, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and shaved ice. New food vendors have been added to include hot wings, polish sausage sandwiches, fried Twinkies and Oreos, homemade corn dogs and chicken on a stick as additional food options.
- Juried Artists compete for $1,000 in prizes with seven awards presented Saturday at 1 p.m. The awards ceremony will also feature the Hospitality Heroes Awards and the prestigious People’s Choice Awards for Best Restaurant, Best Shoppe, and Best Attraction, presented by festival sponsor Cartersville-Bartow County Convention & Visitors Bureau. (See item below)
- Visitors can tour the Rose Lawn House Museum ($5 per person.) both days.
- Rose Lawn is at 224 W. Cherokee Ave. in downtown Cartersville. Parking is available at no charge within walking distance of the festival grounds. The festival sponsors are Bartow County Government and Cartersville-Bartow County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Voting under way for the annual People’s Choice Awards: You can vote for your favorite restaurant, attraction and store in Cartersville-Bartow County by going to the Convention and Visitors Bureau site. Click Choice