May 18-19: Darlington School announces that math teacher Al Shorey will be the keynote speaker at the Baccalaureate Service on May 18, and Chip Bell, author, acclaimed speaker, and consultant in customer loyalty and service innovation, will give the Commencement address. The Baccalaureate Service will be held Friday, May 18, at 7 p.m. in Morris Chapel. Commencement will begin Saturday, May 19, at 9:30 a.m. on the Chapel Lawn. In the event of rain, Commencement will be held at 10:30 a.m. in the Huffman Athletic Center. Darlington will stream both events live online.
May 19: Rome High will be holding the school’s annual graduation for all seniors at Barron Stadium. The ceremony begins at 9 a.m. Since last year, a few significant modifications have been made to the overall graduation procedure. This year’s senior class will walk the stage in new custom caps and gowns, all embroidered with Rome High’s crest, a first for graduates. Because of the event taking place at Barron Stadium, there will be no limit as to whom each a graduate can invite to the occasion. In case of rain, students will then be granted seven tickets for family members, as the ceremony will move inside to The Forum where graduates walked in years past. Rome High School’s Baccalaureate Service will take place on Sunday, May 13, at Fellowship Baptist Church in Rome.
- Armuchee High School – Baccalaureate – May 20 at 8 a.m.; graduation May 25 at 7 p.m.
- Coosa High School – Baccalaureate – May 20 at 6 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 2:30 p.m.
- Model High School – Baccalaureate – May 21 at 7 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 10 a.m.
- Pepperell High School – Baccalaureate – May 23 at 6:30 p.m.; graduation – May 26 at 7 p.m. Baccalaureate speaker will be retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Rob Skelton.
- Cartersville High School: Graduation, May 18 at 7:30 p.m. at Weinman Stadium.
- Adairsville High School: Graduation, May 18 at 8 p.m. at AHS Stadium.
- Cass High School: Graduation, May 18 at 6 p.m at Doug Cochran Stadium.
- Woodland High School: Graduation, May 19 at 9 a.m. at Wildcat Stadium.
- Calhoun High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at stadium.
- Gordon Central High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at Ratner Stadium.
- Sonoraville High School: Graduation, May 24 at 8 p.m. at school.
- Rockmart High School: Graduation, May 25 at 8 p.m. at stadium.
- Cedartown High School: Graduation, May 26 at 10 a.m. at stadium.
Georgia Northwestern Technical College: Spring 2018 graduation will be Thursday, May 10 at the Forum River Center.
Georgia Highlands College: Spring graduation will be Saturday, May 12, at The Forum River Center in downtown Rome at 10 a.m. GHC will have 894 students receiving 906 diplomas (with a number of those students receiving more than one). The nursing pinning ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. on May 11 at the First Baptist of Cartersville. The Honorable Bobby Lee Cook will give the commencement address, and Student Government Association President David Hill will speak on behalf of the student body. On the floor of the Arena will be reserved seating for staff and invited guests. Free parking is available at the Third Avenue Parking Deck (adjacent to the Forum) and West 3rd Street parking lot (across the bridge from the Forum). Shuttle service will be available throughout the day from Broad Street, all the parking decks, and West Thirdrd Street. For more: www.highlands.edu/graduation/commencement-information/