HIGH SCHOOLS / ROME BRAVES / LOCAL COLLEGES / COMMUNITY EVENTS / CAMPS
- Rome Braves game in Columbia postponed due to rain on Friday. It will be made up as a doubleheader on Aug. 19 at 5:05 p.m.
- Mills Fitzner’s home game photo gallery.
- Roster updates: The Rome Braves announce the following roster moves:
- IF Ramon Osuna has been released from the organization
- Rome receives LHP Kevin Matthews from the United Shore Independent League team
- RHP Joe Rogers has been transferred to Florida
- Rome receives catcher Alan Crowley from Danville
Keep track of summer updates from area high school football teams with Twitter:
Berry Vikings sports updates.
- The Southern Athletic Association (SAA) has announced the league’s winter and spring Academic Honor Roll with the Berry College Vikings placing 140 student-athletes on the list. To qualify, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum grade-point average of 3.25 for the term and be a regular member of a varsity athletic team in a sport sponsored by the conference. Berry
- Football: First game at Maryville on Sept. 2 at 1 p.m.
Shorter Hawks sports updates.
- Football: First game vs. Mars Hill at Barron Stadium, 1 p.m. Sept. 2. Schedule
A big summer tradition returns to Cedartown July 2. The annual Cedartown Wheelchair Athlete 5K is set for Sunday evening, July 2, with a finish line at College Street in Peek Park. The race begins at 7:30 p.m. Source: City of Cedartown.
Contact Scott McCreless at 706.346.6725 or Chase Watterson at 706.506.3562.
Overnight Camps: July 17-19: Position Skills Camp (designed for ALL levels, grades 5-12); July 20-22: Elite College Prep (designed for HIGH-level players wanting to play in college, limited to 30 participants)
The Coosa Volleyball team will host the Third Annual Camp Boom Volleyball Camp on July 10-12 each day from 9-11 a.m. The camp is for any student in upcoming grades 3rd-8th. Cost is $40, and includes a t-shirt and snacks each day. You may register on the first day of camp beginning at 8:30am. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Hann at email@example.com